Saturday, January 22, 2011

Staying Focused

Everyday I march myself to the gym in the freezing cold weather.   I must remind myself that taking action is very satisfying and character building.  Appreciating the journey is all part of it. I need to adopt a new healthier lifestyle.

The training sessions continue to be very intense.  I'm finding that I am filled with doubt about whether or not I can continue to keep up to this pace that my trainer has set for me. Now I have to go it alone for a few days while he is away. I had a difficult time going through the routine without guidance and thought I was doing everything wrong.

It is amazing to me how much, becoming frustrated, can interfere with accomplishing a task.   The rest of my time on my own was spent doing cardio as to avoid the frustration of weight training.

When my trainer returned, I continued on with my resistance program.  Through the next weeks I continued to be dedicated to changing my life.  I had made up my mind to get to the gym six days a week.  My dedication never wavered. 



The food I was eating was in keeping with my goals for weight loss.   I didn't think I had to adjust my food intake.  Quickly, I began to realize what an important part nutrition would play in my progress.  Paying a trainer would not be worthwhile if I didn't see results.  The results could not come without paying close attention to my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment