Friday, January 21, 2011

Always challenging in the beginning

Whether it be creating a blog or getting started on a fitness program many of us find it difficult in the beginning.

When I began my journey back in Jan of 2005 I was so afraid of failing.  I had tried before to get into the gym habit with no success.  It had seemed like a pipe dream that I could never totally realize.  Luckily for me I had some extra money to put towards a personal trainer to add to my motivation.  Weighing in at 222 lbs at 6' with no muscle tone whatsoever, I wasn't sure what I was in for.

Jan 11 was my first ever workout with a trainer.  The first day was an intense interval day.  It was all confusing to me. Hearing the names of the exercises and equipment only heightened my insecurities.  Listening to my trainer got me through the hour long workout feeling like I was incredibly out of shape.  Determined not to get discouraged I scheduled training sessions 3 times a week.  I decided to do intense cardio for the other three days at the gym. Using some tips I had picked up from reading the book "Body for Life" I felt that intense cardio was the way to go.

The plan is all set and I am ready to go to the gym six days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment